Sometimes minor problems are a telltale sign of an underlying electrical problem at your home or business. Here are 5 signs that you need to call an electrician.
- My outlet is not working – there are many reasons why an outlet might not work. The outlet could have bad connections/wiring or simply be old. If the outlet is hot with use, looks burned, or is shocking you this is a potential safety hazard and you should call an electrician as soon as possible! This is unsafe!
- My light switch/appliance is not working – this could be a bad circuit, a bad switch, or aged wiring. Either way, it is best to deal with this issue because not only is it a hassle but it could be the sign of a more serious underlying problem. Switches that are warm or buzz when in use are the signs of a serious problem and you should have an electrician come ASAP!
- My breaker keeps tripping – While an occasional trip of your breaker might be common especially with appliances such as a hairdryer if your breaker keeps tripping this could be the sign of an electrical problem in your home. You may have an overloaded circuit or problems with the wiring. Either way, you should call an electrician who can inspect your home’s wiring and suggest possible solutions.
- My lights are flickering and/or making a buzzing noise – these symptoms may indicate an overloaded circuit or an electrical short in your home. Either way, it’s time to get a licensed professional in your home to diagnose and solve the problem.
- Electrical burning smell – if this is occurring in your home it is time to call an emergency electrician ASAP! DO NOT WAIT, this is a serious fire risk.
If you are having any of these issues at your home or business please give D&H Electric a call at 928-726-5621. Independently owned and operated, we have been serving Yuma and the surrounding area for over 40 years.