Selecting a Yuma electrical contractor for your business can be stressful. There are many other professions people search for such as doctors, dentists and or mechanics to make sure they are the right fit for individual needs. Choosing an electrical contractor should be no different. Here are 5 simple tips to think about when choosing an electrical contractor for your business
- Verify Licensing and Insurance – This is the most important thing when choosing the right electrical contractor. If asked the contractor will provide you with the appropriate license and insurance documentation. Electrical contractors must have these documents in case of any accidents and injuries that may occur at your business. Without these, your business can be liable for any mishaps.
- Check References – Ask friends, family or other business owners of electrical contractors in the area. Networking is a great way to see if others were pleased with the finished product of specific contractors. Electrical contractors should also be able to provide you with references upon request so you can check on past jobs similar to yours.
- Check Credentials and Training – Experience of electrical contractors and the training of their employees is very important. There is an array of expertise in the electrical field so you want to know you have well trained personnel working on your home or business.
- Get Estimates – Once you think you have a quality licensed contractor, ask for an estimate. This will give you an idea of how much your project will cost before going through with the plans. Getting estimates from more than one contractor will help you avoid any red flags on pricing.
- Define What You Need – When it comes to commercial projects, you want to make sure your contractor can handle the job and do it in a timely manner. Not all contractors have the materials or man power to do major projects. It is best to choose a company with a lot of experience in commercial buildings to ensure the best results.
Questions you can ask before selecting an electrical contractor:
- Do you hold current state licenses? – We cannot assume all contractors have a proper state license. Hiring an electrician who’s not licensed or insured can cost your business a lot of money if something goes wrong during the repairs or renovations.
- Are your workers local? – Working with local electricians allows you to have instant access to the crew working on your business. Hiring local ensures the contractor knows the skill sets of all the electricians working on your project.
- How experienced are you? – Knowing that a contractor has been in business awhile can give you confidence they provide a great service. You might also want to ask how their employees are trained.
D&H Electric has many years of experience providing home and commercial electrical services. We pride ourselves on quality work and paying attention to the fine details. If you need any work done to your home or business give us a call 928-726-5671. Thanks, Yuma!